Wednesday 20 May 2020

My Adventures with Satyajit Ray: The Making of Shatranj Ke KhilariMy Adventures with Satyajit Ray: The Making of Shatranj Ke Khilari by Suresh Jindal
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5/5

What worked for me:
1. The bag of information which is presented to us.
2. The book gives us a glimpse into the professional life of a film producer.
3. The letters add a personal touch to the whole book. Instead of using a narrative style, the letters almost makes the reader feel that he/she is privy to their conversation.
4. The photographs, their quality and their numbers.

What didn't work for me:
1. The letters do not shed any light as to the selection process of many of the artistes. As to why they were chosen, or some of them were rejected.
2. I guess, some of Mr. Jindal's letters are missing, as quite a few times we can feel that the letters of Ray did elicit an answer from the author, but there aren't any letter to support that view. Maybe he had used the telephone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment